Enhanced CASA Montessori Curriculum
Children age 2.5-6 years are presented with an array of Montessori tools that focus on the five areas of the Montessori curriculum:
- Practical life activities instill care of the self, care of others and care for the environment.
- The Sensorial area is where children learn to identify and internalize abstract thoughts and concepts through exploration of senses such as touch, hearing, sight, taste and smell.
- Language development focuses on oral language skills, listening skills, writing and reading (phonics) with the goal of students being able to decode words and comprehend the meaning of text.
- In Math, the concrete Montessori tools help children to develop a solid understanding of mathematical concepts, prepare them for reasoning and help develop problem-solving capabilities. The child learns to add, subtract, multiply and divide and to see the numerical, geometrical and dimensional relationships within the decimal system.
- Cultural activities help students discover ideas and concepts in geography, history, botany, zoology and the sciences.
French, Music, Gym, Arts, & STEM Programs Included
At IMS, we believe that focusing on the whole child is crucial. Hence, a comprehensive set of enhancement programs are integrated with IMS’s core Montessori curriculum to ensure each child is developed as a well-rounded individual and is well prepared for his/her next level of education. French lessons, music classes, gym time, and arts studies are INCLUDED in our CASA program.
Individualized Learning Plan & Tracking
Quality Staff and Teachers
Teacher plays an essential role in a child’s education journey, and your children deserve the best. At IMS, all our teachers are highly qualified and experienced in early childhood education. All of our teaching staff hold recognized Montessori certification and/or are fully accredited with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) or Early Childhood Education (RECE). All staff in our school facility is first aid and CPR trained. Continuing education and training is provided to all our teachers to ensure the delivery of high quality and updated programs for all of their classes. Our teacher to students ratio in the Casa program is 1:8.
School Trips/ Guest Speakers
3-Year Casa Program Outcomes
As a IMS Casa graduate, a student should be able to:
- Count, identify and sequence numerals to 1000
- Perform the mathematical operations of addition, multiplication, subtraction and division with four digit numbers
- Use well-developed vocabulary in public speaking
- Read, comprehend, and write at a grade 2 level
- Ask thoughtful questions and advocate for themselves and others
- Independently organize themselves, their belongings and their learning materials
- Show respect, empathy, and compassion for self and others
- Easily transition into a Grade 1 French Immersion program
- Strong foundation of music, visual arts, and STEAM
A Day in Casa
Before School Program
This is a supervised, play time for children in the before school program to settle in. Children are free to choose their own activities. Breakfast is served for all our before school program students.
Montessori Work Period
Teachers give presentations of Montessori materials in the 5 focused areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture (zoology, geography, history, botany, and science). Children are free to choose presented materials from the shelf based on interest and readiness.
Washroom Break & Snack
Arts & Craft + Circle Time
Children sing, read books, and create arts according to the theme of the week.
French, Music, Gym
Washroom Break + Lunch
Organic, natural hot meals are served.
12:30pm – 2:30pm
Nap/Rest Time, Quiet Work
Classical music is played during rest time to help with relaxation. Those who don’t nap will be presented with quiet work activities.
Washroom Break + PM Snack
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Supervised outdoor play
4:00pm – 6:00pm
Extended Hours Program
This is a supervised, play time for children in the extended hours program.
Book a Private Tour
Thank you for your interest in IMS! Our tour spots are booked up for the next few weeks. If you want an earlier tour, please email us at email@example.com and we can set up a custom time for you.
Unit 7A, 1210 Castlemore Avenue
Mon-Friday: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Education is a natural process carried out by the child and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment.
We'd Love to Hear From You!
Contact us for any questions regarding our school or to schedule your private tour.